Random musings from the GeographyPages bloke...
Visiting from outside the UK ? Add a comment please!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
GGiP Primary Scheme of Work Available to download from tomorrow at the GGIP site. Here's a taster movie...
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
It's official, so I can tell everyone now... This was me at the Advanced Google Earth day put on by Jamie Buchanan Dunlop at the RGS-IBG yesterday. Thanks to Yvonne, my partner for the day ... Any idea what's going on here ? Answer to come shortly...
Teachmeet Review By the time we got through the door, there was hardly a seat to be had: so I stole someone else's. Ollie Bray had been throwing something together at the last minute, and with a minute to go he started copying a 180 mb video file from a memory stick and kept his fingers crossed that his name wouldn't come out first (as it happens, he was the last person up!) Check out my FLICKR images of TEACHMEET. Grabbed some free beer tokens, and a seat with John Davitt , who had a stuffed camel with him, for reasons that would become clear later. Image of camel by Flickr user cloudberrynine - Humph is sat on a pile of GA Magazines, which is nice... Around 250 people had signed up, and there were also others following on the flashmeeting, and a large MONITTER display showed the Twitter 'tweets' that had the relevant hashtags #tmbeet09 etc John showed us the LEARNING SCORE resource. This is a very powerful resource, which visualises the planning of a lesson sequence...
Question: Should Geographers use a Sat Nav ? Shouldn't a road atlas and a mental map be adequate for navigating to unfamiliar destinations ? Well, yes... Until today I would have agreed, but then with my new job and all that, and having to find my way to numerous new places in the middle of major cities, I went to Halfords and managed to get an extra bonus deal on a Garmin StreetPilot C550 which has British and European mapping, speed camera alerts (although I never speed), integrated traffic alerts and rerouting around problems, an mp3 player with SD card slot, and Bluetooth connectivity so that it can act as my hands free kit... I'll let you know how it works later in the week when I have to find a Travelodge on some industrial estate in the North of England...
Comments