I was just catching up with Dancing Matt
Click the website logo below if you don't know who I mean, so you can find him - the videos are good starters for a Geography lesson.

Matt is dancing his way around the world. I suppose I should add his BLOG to Geo Blogs page.
The first picture by the way looks like the 'chock stone' near the Prekestolen in Rogaland in Norway, which I have stood on - fabulous place !

Anyway, on his journal, he talks about a tiny laptop he was given to try called a FLIPSTART.
This is a very small device which has some amazing features for its size and looks like great fun !
There is a very nicely designed website with animations which demonstrate the device's size.

You can see some pictures on Matt's blog via the link above, and he says some nice things about it:

It's adorable.

The thing has everything a real laptop has, does everything a real laptop does. It runs XP, Vista, has Bluetooth and wifi, touch pad, light-up keyboard, 30GB hard drive. The only thing it doesn't have is a DVD drive -- cause where would you put it? But there is very little left that I need to put onto or take off of a DVD. The world has moved on.

It sounds like a really useful device for the Geographer who does a lot of travelling, conferences, writing, idea generating, picture sorting etc. - like me in fact...

If the people at Flipstart are reading this post (well, I do have an RSS feed and may have put the tag in 3 times by accident...) I would be very happy to roadtest the machine in the UK education system and show the hundreds of people I meet in the average month...
Price is US$ 1,999 but don't know what UK pricing might be (or if it will be available)
Pic of Flipstart next to a Dr. Pepper can from a feature at GIZMODO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog