Geography Gadgets

Tony Cassidy put me on to this huge collection of GOOGLE GADGETS. These are interesting little bits of code which produce interesting effects on webpages or blogs.
There are hundreds of them, but I've showcased a few of the more Geographical ones here, so that you can see what the potential might be....

1. EMBED A WEBCAM

This would be useful for keeping an eye on the local area, or keeping the webcams in one area.

For example, I decided that I would use the local webcams from the BBC Norfolk section of the BBC NEWS website. Check the WHERE I LIVE tab to find ones near you.
I decided to show the Millennium Plain outside the Forum in Norwich, where you can currently see the large images of Yann Arthus Bertrand's "Earth from the Air" exhibition
A bit distorted - will sort that when I get a moment








2. WORLD CLOCKS

3. WORLD SUNLIGHT MAP





4. WATER TRACKER
Have you drunk your 8 cups of water today ?




5. CURRENCY CONVERTER

Got rid of the game - too annoying when you logged on to the post to hear the ad...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog