Quick Quiz...
Where does this come from ?

Hello. Hello morning. My, this is a grand way to start the day. Bit different from what it used to be, I can tell you. I can remember like it was yesterday. Coo, it wasn't half so comfortable. Took a bloke a good hour to get to work. As for the view - if you can call it a view - you needn't ask when you were getting near the town - you knew without looking. Still what could you expect with drab looking houses and ugly factories; not even a blooming place for the kids to play - poor little blighters. I tell you - by the time I got to work I was all in.

Comments

LindyM said…
Was it
Public Information Films Charley in New Town?
Alan Parkinson said…
It was indeed.
This is well worth watching for those looking at urban change...
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1945to1951/filmpage_cint.htm
LindyM said…
I didn't cheat! I really remembered it but used it last year when doing settlements with Y8. Its great isn't it?
Alan Parkinson said…
It has a very nice 'feel' to it...
There are bound to be loads of other gems in the archives, and thankfully there are some people involved in projects to unearth them...

Popular posts from this blog