FLICKR is in my top 10 most useful websites: perhaps I should do my Top 10 Websites in a future post...
A relatively new feature which people may not be aware of is the PLACES feature... This maps images that have been added to a map using the sites ORGANISE page.

Below are some examples that I have just done: I added some images of Scarborough (and also of Hunstanton) - see if you can find them...
Another search, this time for Rotherham, shows the way the PLACES pages look, and there is also a link to relevant groups. This will all lead to some excellent images for use in the classroom, which are often licensed for non-commercial use, with the correct attribution to the photographer.Have an explore and see what you come up with...

Comments

Simon said…
Alan, this is simply splendid, I never knew it was there. Found some wonderful images of Belgrave in after searching "Leicester" that I can use for next year! Cheers!
Alan Parkinson said…
All part of the service Simon. Will be flagging this up at a few events that are coming up. You can't beat a good image...
Was in Belgrave Rd for recent SLN get together. Had some chips from a Halal pizza place...

Popular posts from this blog