Was very interested in this post on Ewan McIntosh's EDUBLOGS blog, while looking for something else as it goes.
The post is about BECTa's research on the use of WEB 2.0 technologies in education (and of course my interest is from the geographical angle.)
Charles Crook, one of the people behind the research has been trying to get in touch with me for a good few weeks now to ask me about my use of the technologies, but something has always conspired to keep us apart. I'll try again after Easter (if you're reading this Charles, that's a promise) to try to add my two pennorth...

There are plenty of interesting snippets of information in this posting.
This was interesting for my media presentation at SAGT: what media do students have access to ?

Access and opportunity
Their first main research area revealed extensive access and opportunity to digital media. In order, from 100% down to about 10%, young people have access to:

  1. TV
  2. Mobile phone with camera
  3. Digital camera
  4. MP3 player/recorder
  5. PC
  6. Desktop games console (Xbox, Wii)
  7. Handheld console (Nintendo DS, PSP)
  8. Wifi
  9. Laptop
  10. Wired internet
  11. Webcam
  12. Mobile (no camera)
  13. PDA
Will have a look at this in more detail when I get a moment...
Off to see the Terracotta Army tomorrow at British Museum so have to go and pack...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog