Made it to another weekend, and catching up on Listen Again to Radio 3's "Late Junction" from St. George's Day, and a piece of music I'd been wanting to hear: Chris Wood's "Listening to the River".
It's a piece which links people and landscape, and is very much a piece of geography. Catch it for a few more days if you can...

You can see the connection with the 'Imagined Village', which I have blogged about before...

Also an excellent trio of pieces by a band called Kerfuffle which had some fab accordion playing and when I googled the band discovered their albums were recorded in Wickersley: the place I lived for the first 18 years of my life, and then Coope, Boyes and Simpson, who also have connections with the area with an excellent song "The River Flows", which is also about our impermanence in the landscape compared to rivers...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog