Just back from a trip to York. Some new bits of the A1 now open after some years of engineering work...
Catching up with some interesting postings on Noel's DIGITAL GEOGRAPHY.
Some new Web 2.0 stuff.
Revision video podcasts
GIS ideas from a meeting at the RGS
An online photo editor called Picnik
Plenty of ideas on teaching GLOBALISATION.
Using music videos in class

Head over and check out the ideas now...

Just discovered why it's important to check your website server logs every day. I normally do this, but forgot on Friday. Turns out when I checked earlier today that an image on my website (actually a smallish (thankfully) version of one of Ian Murray's GEOGRAPHY PHOTOS ones) has been picked up (and used in a hotlinked version) by several Chinese news sites in an article on Chinese products being exported into the UK) - I'd had over 4000 visits that day, and 15% of my monthly bandwidth had gone in one day. Ooops. Needless to say that image is no longer on the site, and I'll have to dig into my pockets for excess bandwidth charges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog