Norfolk Geography Conference 2008

This will be held on Tuesday the 9th of October at Gressenhall Museum of Rural Life, Norfolk, as pictured above by Flickr user Tim Caynes, and below by Flickr user Steve K.The main speaker will be Alan Kinder, co-chair of the GA's Secondary Phase Committee, who will be looking at the new KS3 Curriculum, and also Self Evaluation of Departments using the Secondary Geography Quality Mark.

I will be involved in 2 sessions.
The first is "Recent Developments in ICT" which I will be running, although I didn't realise this until recently - I'd actually booked this session myself as I was quite keen to see what I'd been missing...
I will highlight some new ideas for using ICT, and places to get resources, and also mention some of the work that I am doing with the CfBT et al as a Regional Subject Adviser for the new Secondary Curriculum.

Delegates doing this session will receive a free GEOGRAPHYPAGES pen (of course...) and also a selection of resources... but not the usual CD that I have given out in the past. This is available on request after the session...

The second is "SEN in Geography".
I will be doing a few sections from this session, along with colleagues from a working group that has been meeting for over a year at the PDC in Norwich and Gressenhall itself, looking at SEN in Geography.
We are going to suggest some ways of teaching SEN and dealing with some of the issues that SEN throws up.

More to come on this over the weekend...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog