Knock on the door a couple of minutes ago brought a welcome parcel: a book I saw in the Liverpool Tate shop: "Patterns of the Earth". Like the sticker on the front which says "Essential for creative thinkers and inquiring minds."
and the second book was one I've been waiting for for about 3 months, and which has had great reviews by people such as Rory McLean, Andrew Motion and Tim Adams. Search for "wild places MacFarlane" to read the reviews for yourself. He visits places I know well myself: Norfolk, Loch Coruisk and Raasay.. Even the map at the front of the book makes you look at the country from a different angle.. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this, but first I have to cook tea...

Comments

Alan Parkinson said…
Now just over half way through and I'm rationing myself as I don't want to finish this in a hurry. Some wonderful sections on Coruisk and Ben Hope. Wonderful descriptions, and some great quotes and ideas for further reading.

Popular posts from this blog