Rewind to 1973...
I was 10 years old, and my uncle, who had long hair and beard was listening to an album that was instantly appealing to me. It had a number of entwined themes, and some great guitar and organ passages, finishing up with a quirky section where someone spoke the names of a load of instruments, finishing off with 'Tubular Bells', and then another side which started off with 8 minutes of the most wonderful relaxing pastoral music, and then a drunken bash around a house (if you've ever heard the original) climax with a Sailor's hornpipe. I went out and bought it, the first LP I'd ever bought, and then played it until I wore out the vinyl, and could repeat it note for note. And now 30 odd years later, it's given away free with the Daily Mail, and we also have this album to thank for Richard Branson's VIRGIN empire.

And of course the cover features a crashing wave - very geographical. And all at MFP (my favourite price)

Got a place on this course. It's free! There may still be some places left. See you there ! (and it's also MFP)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog