Just doing a major sort out, and have finally found time to work through post-it notes I stuck inside a book months ago.
It's called "Prairyerth" and was written by William Least Heat-Moon.
It describes time spent in Chase County, Kansas and is described as a 'deep map'. It's a collection of quotes, documents, maps, impressions, history, memoir, natural history and of course GEOGRPAHY of the county.
One of the quotes caught my eye:

"The ideal geographer should be able to do two things: he should be able to read his newspaper with understanding, and he should be able to take his country walk - or maybe his town walk - with interest"
H.C Darby - lecture at the University of Liverpool (1946)

What do we think of this idea ?

Can I also recommend a nice little gift for someone: some sticky page markers from BOBSYOURUNCLE. I got mine from the shop at the Sainsbury Centre at UEA last week. They are perfect for those people who like to mark particular quotes in books so that they can find them again in the future for blogs, lessons etc. In fact, people just like me...And the good news is, I've finally finished off my reports... for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog