Two Towers

For some people, this will conjure up images of the "Lord of the Rings", but for those (like me) born in Rotherham or certain parts of Sheffield, or visitors to the Meadowhall shopping centre, it probably means the Tinsley Cooling Towers. These are a prominent part of the landscape and are a regular view on the bus or train, or car journeys I made for over half my life.
They have escaped demolition because they are so close to the Tinsley Viaduct which carries the M1 across a wide river valley.

They are featured and pictured on the site of electricity generator E-ON's site, which also features a number of very useful activities on the theme of Energy conservation, and from where I borrowed the image above.
For more images of the cooling towers try putting "Tinsley towers" into Flickr.
Also a link here with BRAZIL.
Can anyone tell me what the link is ? If so, post a comment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog