Geography and Whisky
When starting this blog, I nearly called it Geography and a Wee Dram, as along with jazz, single malt whisky is one of my other passions...
Got a very nice booklet today from those nice people at Ardbeg. It introduces a new whisky called "Airigh Nam Beist" which sounds rather nice. Recently finished a rather nice bottle of Ardbeg "Still Young", and intend getting another bottle soon!
While up in Scotland at the SAGT Conference, I visited my favourite whisky bar: the Taychreggan Inn at West Ferry, Dundee and was made very welcome as always. This time, Mark the owner gave us a free dram of a new discovery: a peaty Speyside malt called BenRiach. Very nice it is too! The picture above, taken by John Vannet, shows Mark pouring a generous measure of Ardbeg: the greatest Islay malt, one of over 300 malts stocked at the Taychreggan.

Laphroaig also have another Geographical connection: visit the website and claim your free square foot of Islay - I have my plot...
On the plane on the way back from Edinburgh, I got stuck into the excellent "Peat, Smoke and Spirit" by Andrew Jefford all about the isle of ISLAY, which I plan on visiting as soon as possible.

Coming soon: the Geography of Whisky resource...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog