Sim City for DS
Went out to the supermarket yesterday evening (dodging the rain in Hunstanton) and as well as some rather nice Scottish strawberries I also got Sim City for the Nintendo DS.My daugher got her pink Nintendo about 5 weeks ago after saving up for ages, and I was inspired by Ollie Bray, who has posted several times on his weblog about the value of educational games (I even have a GeoGames page on GeographyPages) So we came to a deal: I can borrow her DS to play the game, and she gets to play it too... Everyone's a winner.

It looks like I might have bought a good 'un. This game was apparently a major success in Japan when it was launched, and I read a 5 star review in the Independent this morning.

The twin screens on the DS are used to good effect here, as one is used for the city view and one is used for the general management. We are currently building the city of LYNNY.
I'll keep you posted on how I do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm off to the shops!
Alan Parkinson said…
You'll love it Ollie !
This is a very sophisticated game. I like the way that DS games tend to be labelled for ages 3+, but I can't see many 3 year olds getting the hang of this in a hurry !

Popular posts from this blog